Scholarships and Student Jobs
MU-Geology Field Camp Scholarships
Several scholarships in the range of $400 to $1000 each are available to all students attending camp. Minimum grade point requirements for a scholarship are a 3.4 overall GPA and a minimum 3.4 GPA in all geology courses completed.
How to Apply for a Scholarship
Applications can be made by mail or email to Dr. Miriam Barquero-Molina, field camp director (see mailing address and email on the Contact page), and be accompanied by:
- Official transcripts for all of your college coursework (multiple schools if necessary), they can be emailed directly to Dr. Barquero-Molina
- A letter of reference from one or more of your geology professors (professors can email them directly to Dr. Barquero-Molina)
No statement of financial need is required. The amount of the award depends on the quality and number of qualified applicants in a given year.
Scholarship applications are due by February 15th. Funds will be awarded by the end of February, after applications are reviewed.
MU-Geology Field Camp Student Jobs
Several student jobs are also available at the field camp. They include positions as:
- Van drivers: ~$900 and waiver of the round trip Columbia-Lander travel/lodging fee
- Requires departure from Columbia, MO and a return to Columbia.
- Drivers must be over 21 years old
- Dishwashers/kitchen help: ~$800, about 1 to 1-1/2 hours per evening
- Sandwich makers: ~$800, about 1 hour Mon-Sat morning at 5:15 AM and two hours from 7:00-9:00 AM on Sunday morning
The number of jobs depends upon enrollment, but we may hire as many as 6 van drivers, 4 dishwashers and 2 sandwich makers.
How to Apply for a Student Job
If you are interested in applying for a job, please send us an e-mail indicating your job preference. Job offers are generally made on a first-come first-serve basis until all jobs are filled, but potential drivers with experience driving 12 or 15-passenger vans are given preference.
Other Forms of Financial Aid
The University of Missouri does not provide State or Federal financial aid to non-MU students. However, if you are eligible for such programs through your college or University, you may be able to apply your institution's financial aid toward our course through a Visiting Student Consortium Agreement. Please contact MU’s Financial Aid Office for any questions regarding financial aid.